Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Avocado paratha

I was introduced to this fruit only after coming to Dubai. I have read/heard a lot about the nutritional benefits of this fruit.

So one day, I went ahead and bought couple of avocados during my weekly grocery shopping (story happening somewhere in 2006, when I was still a newly-wed with very little practical knowledge in kitchen). It looked something like guava!! For the first time the confusion hit me .... how is this fruit to be eaten?? Since it looked like guava, I bit really hard into its green shiny skin (like how you eat perakka / guava).....wait .... yuckkkkkkkkkk.............yuckkk...what taste is it man!!! yuckk..it tasted something like a mild butter...but how do people eat it, it isn't sweet at all...how can a fruit be not sweet?? Atleast it should be tasty right? Threw the whole thing into the bin...I haven't touched that fruit ever since..

Come 2014...me reading some magazine..about food...and here it is again!! About the exceptional benefits of avocados!! This time I am not gonna leave you my dear...I get onto the net guru..tup tup..(typing)...and I hear people going gaga over the Avocado parathas...noted in my mind..Next grocery shopping, I come back 2 avocados...Brutally slit it open...scooped all the nutrients out..churned it in the mixer...mixed it with atta, water and salt to make dough..rolled out the parathas...cooked on tawa...and voila....super soft, tasty, healthy, nutritious (gagaga) parathas ready!! And best of all - do not taste the butter at all!!



Ingredients

Avocados - 2
Atta - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp (optional)







Method

1. Scoop out the flesh of avocados (discard the seed). You can either smash it with the back of a spoon or quickly churn it in mixer so that you can get a smooth paste
2. Add it with other ingredients to form a smooth dough
3. Make small balls , roll out the chapathis and cook on tawa till both sides are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment