Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pazham pori / Banana Fritters

I think more than 60% of malayees would claim that their favourite tea time snack is pazham pori aka banana fritters...such is the popularity of this snack in God's own country! Pazham pori is one snack that brings a lot of childhood memories...the day our grandmom makes pazham pori for tea-time, one fight is sure to happen..as my brother will get atleast one more than me...I can compromise on any other snack, but not this one.

I have had this from many a places so far...but can safely say that my Grandmom's is THE BEST. I think the secret is using atta instead of maida, complementing with little rice powder to make it crisp.



Ingredients

Ripe Banana - 2, cut into half, and then slit lenghtwise into 2-3 pieces
Atta - 1/2 cup
Fine Rice powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - about 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Oil - for frying



Method

1. Make a thick batter using atta, rice powder, turmeric, salt and sugar along with little water. I dont have a proper measurement of water, but the batter should not be watery or flowy. It should have the consistency of idly batter.
2. Heat oil for frying
3. Dip each banana piece in this batter and drop into the oil. The heat should be medium - high.
4. When one side is done, overturn and cook the other side too.

And enjoy with a hot cup of tea..

No comments:

Post a Comment