Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Beetroot Juice

I had almost a kilogram of beetroot sitting in my fridge and was wondering what to do with them...finally decided to make some squash out of it...read a few recipes and settled on one...but it called for almost 1.5 kg of sugar which I didnt have in stock..so left the idea there. Then I accidentally stumbled upon a Prakrithi (Naturopathic) recipe book where I found a recipe for beetroot juice. Even when I read the recipe, I was skeptical as to whether beets will make a good juice...at the same time I was curious...and I was craving for something healthy...so decided to give a try..

And the result was a SUPER DELICIOUS, HEALTHY, ENERGY DRINK ...Do try it out..you wouldn't regret!


Ingredients

Beetroot - 1 medium, washed, peeled and cut into thin slices
Water - almost 3 glasses
Honey - around 3 tbsp
Lemon juice - of 1 lemon



Method 

Put the sliced beets along with a glass of water in the small jar of mixie and blend well. Then strain it into a bowl. Add more water while straining and extract maximum juice. Discard the waste. Now add lemon juice and honey and mix well.


No comments:

Post a Comment